Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Photos of My Art Ukes

La Pacifica
Nymph
Squirm

Peekaboo

Tuxedo
Wasp

Geyser

Crehore

Slither

Demon

Moth

Lucky 13

Regal
Here are close-ups of my painted designs on the bodies of my restored antique ukes in my solo show at Thinkspace gallery in Los Angeles. Some are painted on the original art deco backgrounds, some are painted on hide heads, and some are on mahogany or koa wood. I will post the headstocks next. These ukes have all been restored professionally. They are mostly from the 1920's and 1930's. Some were already in near mint shape, but some had to be re-built, parts added or glued. I had so much fun thinking up the perfect design for each.
SLIDESHOW of "Dreamgirls and Ukes" on flickr (Show runs until March 6, 2009)
Thanks to Johnny at Drawn.ca for blogging about the ukes today.
All of these paintings on ukes are copyright 2009 Amy Crehore

No comments: