Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back Home

The Hokum Scorchers at Thinkspace Feb 13, 2009, photo by Mark Lowrie
I spent more than a week in L.A. and it was so much fun. I think I OD'd on the Farmer's Market as I went there probably twice a day... for 8 days. My friend, Mark Lowrie, took tons of photos of the show. I intend to write more about it after I rest up a bit.
Yesterday, Juxtapoz wrote a nice re-cap.
Pop Drawer , Arrested Motion, The Rumpus, boingboing , Metromix L.A. (the newspaper version, too), Hooping Humanist, Fabulist, Uke Hunt, Format Mag, KPFK radio (Ali Lexa) were kind enough to feature my show, "Dreamgirls and Ukes", on their sites. Thanks to all! I do hope people will try to get out and see it in person if they are in the Los Angeles area. It was a lot of work, but the results were well worth it. I was extremely pleased by Thinkspace Gallery's beautiful space and wonderful people. New VIDEO on YouTube of performance Feb 13, 2009 (don't be fooled- it says 2007).

No comments: