Monday, October 15, 2007

What am I working on?

Detail of illustration by Amy Crehore 2007
Here is a small detail of a larger illustration that I just finished for a NYC-based magazine. It doesn't come out until January. I am also working on a large painting for a show in November at Robert Berman Gallery, Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, CA. I just ordered a special frame for it and I'm really excited. This frame will definitely enhance the painting. I am also doing a small piece for Miami Basel. Mark Murphy is the curator for both shows. I will soon be listing all of the other wonderful artists that he has asked to participate in these exhibitions. You might want to check out Mark's website. He has some very interesting art books available!
Also, luthier Lou Reimuller is 3/4 done with the second "Tickler" ukulele which I shall paint as soon as he hands it over to me. This ukulele is a very different shape and style than the first one. It will have a "mother of toilet seat" fingerboard and a uniquely designed headstock. And, last but not least, I am figuring out the artwork for the "Tickler" t-shirt that I blogged about earlier and I hope to have them available in the next month or so on my website. My old pal in Richmond, VA is helping me out. I worked at a t-shirt company for a couple of years when I was quite young.

No comments: