Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Demon Ukulele

Back of the Demon Uke


"Demon", A painted vintage ukulele by Amy Crehore
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Recently, I have had a few inquiries about my "Demon" ukulele. So, I thought I would blog it again. It has racked up a few thousand hits on my flickr account, thanks to stumbleupon. Not sure why everyone is fascinated by it, but maybe it's because this uke is a near mint Stella with an art deco "duco" finish from the 1930's. You can see the back of this uke in the top photo. It has an almost pinkish color in the light areas. It's a very natural-looking textured design. Absolutely beautiful. Here's an example of a rare National tenor guitar with a duco finish:
LINK . Nice, eh?
I painted an original design of a girl struggling with a demon over flames on the body of my uke. And, on the headstock, I did a little logo of a demon's face and some hand-lettering.
The Art of Amy Crehore
See more of my painted ukes here with links to close-ups: FLICKR

No comments: