Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Got Good Things in the Mail

Here's the original ink drawing I bought from Robot Johnny's store.
"Sob, Sob" by John Martz.
Nice personalized autograph depicting a monkey with a sailor hat, drawn by Martz in the front of my copy of "Warm-Up Drawings". (Gee, I almost like it better than my own monkeys. Those ears and teeth are so great.) Here is the cover of John Martz's new collection of warm-up drawings in small, adorable book form.

Sometimes I get good things in the mail. Like my Nate Williams pillows or an original drawing and book from illustrator/cartoonist John Martz.
Martz does the funniest little drawings and I picked this one out ("Sob, Sob") because it reminds me of myself. A little crybaby. Always crying the blues. It reminds me to wipe those tears and keep on drawing because each new drawing is the key to happiness. There are quite a few cool things in Robot Johnny's store. You will have to go see for yourself. Everyone has an opportunity to own an original Martz drawing. Thanks, Johnny!

2 comments:

Your driver said...

One of the best internet art deals I have ever gotten came from Jad Fair of Half Japanese. For a truly nominal sum, I think it was $35, I bought a drawing. Jad sent along several other pieces including one that was signed and dedicated to me. Jad has since affiliated with a gallery and raised his prices, but I still like his stuff, and it is still quite inexpensive.

Amy Crehore said...

Jad and his brother David are truly nice people as well as being great artists.
I have blogged about them before and that reminds me, I should do it again. I, too, have received lovely things from them in the mail.