Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Tiki-time

The Creature, painting by Amy Crehore

Wish I could go to Palm Springs this weekend. Tiki Caliente is gearing up and they are all a buzz on the Tiki Central forum. Wildsvilleman (this guy really looks wild and cool with his fez) and M Modern Gallery are putting the event on together. There will be lots of activities, vendors, booze, special t-shirts, etc. I went to Palm Springs for the Blonde Bombshell show 2 years ago and it was so much fun.
A couple of blogs have blogged about the upcoming M Modern 5th Anniversary Tiki show: Teddy's wonderful Pop Drawer and a Japanese blog called Doodle Art Journal which is part of A2 Cafe Website (a cool place to find modern pop art). STWALLSKULL also picked up my link. I think I need to have a print done of this image (or another one) featuring a ukulele. Here is a link to Tiki Magazine - they will also be at the event in Palm Springs.
The Art of Amy Crehore

No comments: