Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Projects

I'm working on some very special paintings for a very special show at a very special gallery called Corey Helford Gallery in Culver City, CA. The show is called "Literartistry" and about 50 artists (including my favorite fine art photographer, Chris Anthony) will be doing interpretations of their favorite books. I am doing the novel "Lolita" by Nabokov in two parts. I will write more about this show very soon. And the first "Tickler" ukulele should be unveiled by the end of the week. I still have to have photos taken and tweak it a bit. It's interesting just how much a luthier's craft is like that of a fine jeweler. Plus, the added dimension of making sure that the instrument is quite playable and sounds good. It was not an easy thing to paint with oils either. I'm very happy with the results and I hope you will like it, too.

No comments: