Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Paint Job of Tickler Uke







Here are some of the steps that were taken in order to paint the Tickler Uke.
Krylon primer was sprayed on the wood of the uke (after the pores were filled with pumice and shellac) before painting. The fingerboard, bridge and hole were masked off with tape or cardboard. I rubbed in layers of paint and also brushed them in. I hung it up with a hook to paint it, but I also held it in my hands. I patiently waited for the oil paint to dry between layers, but I also used Liquin medium which has a dryer in it, so that helped. I brushed Liquin over the whole thing after I was finished to give it a nice, protective hard coating (it's a varnish, too). Click on photos to enlarge. Sorry that these photos are out of order, but you get the idea.

No comments: