Friday, March 16, 2012

My Drawings for "Rose Quarry" and "Basker's Cove"

 7 1/2" x 10" pencil sketch for "Basker's Cove"(on 8 1/2" x 11" paper) by Amy Crehore
 Finished oil painting on linen of "Basker's Cove" 18" x 24" by Amy Crehore 2012
You can see how this painting started as a very, very rough sketch. It evolved as I painted it. There were many changes underneath and it took a lot of paint and months of work to reach this final effect. (Click images to enlarge)
 10" x 11 3/4" pencil drawing for "Rose Quarry" (on 11" x 14" paper) by Amy Crehore
Finished oil painting on linen of "Rose Quarry" oil on linen 12" x 14" by Amy Crehore 2012.
The "Rose Quarry" painting turned out pretty close to my original drawing. My preliminary rendering of the figures was more fully realized than "Basker's Cove", so this  painting seemed to progress more easily. I painted an undercoat of red and that seemed to help it along as well. And, it's a much smaller painting.
Click on images to enlarge
(see also here)

See more of my artwork here:
(contact: amy@amycrehore.com for information about my original art)

No comments: