Thursday, July 10, 2008

Elsa Mora, Creative Wonder

Elsa Mora Cut Out
Elsa Mora Clothespin Dolls
Elsa Mora Drawing
I was going to blog about Elsa Mora a couple of weeks ago, but I have been busy. Today, when I saw this drawing she posted to flickr, I simply couldn't put it off any longer. I discovered Elsa Mora on the Dinosaurs and Robots blog and I quickly added her as a contact on flickr so that I could stay abreast of her daily creations. She makes beautiful/funny dolls, charming drawings, surreal and complicated cut outs, ceramics and more. She comes from Cuba and she has a wonderful latin folk art/intuitive design sensiblity. Read her blog post about this scissor-brain drawing - "Following Your Heart". You can find links to her flickr and Etsy pages on her blog as well as to her gallery shows. Thanks, Elsa, for keeping your art fun and interesting! And for being so prolific.

No comments: