Saturday, September 22, 2007

Early Little Pierrots

Painting #3 by Amy Crehore
Painting #5 by Amy Crehore
Painting #6 by Amy Crehore
Painting #7 by Amy Crehore
Painting#8 by Amy Crehore
I don't even have some of my earliest "Little Pierrots" on my website. Here are a few from March 2004 and they only have numbers as titles. They are more sketchy than my later ones. Some I can't even show you (there are some that take place in a forest). I painted one per day (fast for me) and I sent them to an illustrator friend. It was an experiment and an exercise. They were drawn from my head using no references. It began with a painting of a cat sitting on a guitar boat in the ocean looking through binoculars at a naked girl on the beach. That is how I came up with the circular format... this was supposed to be what the cat saw. He saw a girl and a pierrot. Somehow they all ended up performing on stage. Later on, I spent up to a week on each one and they got more complicated and refined:

No comments: