Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Beginnings

Detail of sketch, Amy Crehore
I'm just showing a small detail of a sketch here because I want this new work to be a big surprise. It will be a large painting with a lot going on. It's for a show at Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, CA in November, but I am getting started on it now because I know it will take me forever to paint it. I only use the finest Belgian linen and Holbein oil paints and the result is well worth it.
I can't wait to get immersed in this new work. Art is great therapy and you always have something to show when you are done.

1 comment:

Ina said...

My 'uneducated' two cents here...but I really like little graphite sketches like that, and can get put off by large works with 'lots going on'.

The beauty of simplicity and all that.

So go ahead with the thing, I love to see people enjoying what they do and doing what they enjoy, and by previous examples I'm sure it'll turn out nice - but, keep the sketch, and remember the simple beginnings :)