Saturday, February 11, 2012

What am I Reading?

I am currently reading a fascinating book called The Shocking Miss Pilgrim, A Writer in Early Hollywood by Frederica Sagor Maas. Maas wrote this memoir in 1999 at the age of 99! She was 111 years old when she died on Jan 5, 2012. She worked in Hollywood as a scriptwriter for 30 years after moving there from NYC in 1923. I got the book at my local library and you can also find the hardcover on amazon. This book has so many juicy details about early Hollywood in it and you will be astounded by what she remembers about her life, career and the people in the film industry. 
Thanks Adam Koford for the recommendation!
The Art of Amy Crehore
P.S. I finished a couple of new paintings and will post them here very soon (after I take photos).

No comments: