Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm a Polaroid Gal, too!

Playing costume dress-up with a friend for photo (I'm on right-that's not my real hair!)-Polaroid photo
With my little brother at Xmas-Polaroid photo
Fake Woodgrain on the back of the new Polaroid PIC-1000
My grandfather had the coolest camera of all-time: a Polaroid that took black and white photos. I was hooked and I became a Polaroid girl when I grew up. I had my Olympus 35mm for serious photography, but my Polaroid was the one that I took on trips. I used it often to quickly capture events as they happened and to record sudden inspirations. Some of these images found their way into my paintings.
Polaroid is making a comeback! Lady Gaga has signed on as creative director of a specialty line of Polaroid products.
LINK
I'll be the first in line to get one. I miss my Polaroid.
The Art of Amy Crehore

2 comments:

Steve said...

OMG Amy - that 80's hair !!!
:)

Amy Crehore said...

My friend's mom had a closet full of theater costumes....so we were playing around that day. It was not my real hair obviously.