Thursday, November 19, 2009

What am I up to?

Cropped detail of pencil sketch for new letterpress design by Amy Crehore 2009
I've been working hard on the preliminary sketch for a multi-colored letterpress design. Shown here, is a cropped detail of my pencil drawing. I still have to ink it and figure out the colors. There have been numerous tracings and eracings to get it to this stage. This is fairly large design and I have only shown you a portion of it: girls, monkeys and a ukulele (everything is drawn from my head). I am also working on a "dark" painting for a show in NYC in Jan. and, of course, Tickler Ukulele #3 which is evolving bit by bit in collaboration with the luthier.

3 comments:

groovehouse said...

It's gonna be gorgeous. Love your art!

Amy Crehore said...

Hey, thanks! Really appreciate the kind comments from you!

mark lowrie said...

A lovely snippet! Good stuff.