Thursday, November 19, 2009

What am I up to?

Cropped detail of pencil sketch for new letterpress design by Amy Crehore 2009
I've been working hard on the preliminary sketch for a multi-colored letterpress design. Shown here, is a cropped detail of my pencil drawing. I still have to ink it and figure out the colors. There have been numerous tracings and eracings to get it to this stage. This is fairly large design and I have only shown you a portion of it: girls, monkeys and a ukulele (everything is drawn from my head). I am also working on a "dark" painting for a show in NYC in Jan. and, of course, Tickler Ukulele #3 which is evolving bit by bit in collaboration with the luthier.


groovehouse said...

It's gonna be gorgeous. Love your art!

Amy Crehore said...

Hey, thanks! Really appreciate the kind comments from you!

mark lowrie said...

A lovely snippet! Good stuff.