Saturday, April 12, 2008

Recent Drawing by Amy Crehore

Drawing of girl holding banjo uke copyright Amy Crehore 2008

I've been working on an oil on stretched linen version of one of my pierrots, "Bubble Gum Encore". I changed some things and here is a new sketch. The painting itself is larger and I have revised it even more since I did the sketch. The format is vertical now, which I like. The girl is holding a banjo uke.
I'm excited about some upcoming shows- Palm Springs (in May), where I can show some monkey paintings in beautiful frames, NYC (in July/Aug) where I will be showing 6 paintings (along with with 4 talented women - hey, back to my east coast roots!), and early next year - a full solo show in L.A.- where will have some nice surprises including an installation (Feb 2009). More and more my life "story" will unfold, as I reveal the music behind the art.
The Art of Amy Crehore

No comments: