Sunday, March 06, 2011

Pocket Watches by Joseph Cornell



It gets me excited to see artwork that I have never seen before, such as these pocket watches from 1943-44 by Joseph Cornell, who is one of my favorite artists. Gorgeous! He loved cobalt blue!
There is a show at Schroeder, Romero & Shredder gallery that looks like a winner:

Joseph Cornell, Witold Gordon, Leon Kelly, Louis Marcoussis, Man Ray:

Les Devins (link)

The title means "Soothsayers".

On view at 531 W. 26th St. NYC until April 9.

4 comments:

Mark Lowrie said...

Wow! What a find. I, too, love his work, but never saw these before!

Amy Crehore said...

I know!! He's my hero.

Sara Jo said...

Thanks for posting these, Amy. The show is fantastic and I love these gems, too.
Sara Jo @ Schroeder Romero & Shredder

Amy Crehore said...

You are welcome. It looks like a great show ...not just the Cornell watches, but everything.