Monday, July 08, 2013

What Have I Been Up To?

"Cloudy Day Blues" 12" x 12", oil on wood ©Amy Crehore 2009 (sold)
 
I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything for over a week. I hope you all had a great 4th of July holiday! I hurt my right arm and had to rest it for 5-6 days. It feels better today, so I am able to give you an update. A couple of paintings have sold including the new one "A Gymnast's Memory of Fall". The other painting is from 2009, shown above.
I have been reading the book "Summer in February" which is also a new movie . It is about artists living in Cornwall, UK in 1913. These artists include Dame Laura Knight, her husband Harold, and A.J. Munnings. It is a novel based on real people by Jonathan Smith. I have not only discovered the artists that I just mentioned by reading this book, but also some painters who came before them Jules Bastien-Lepage (the Cornwall artists all worshipped him, his magnificient Joan of Arc hangs in the Met) and Marie Bashkirtseff who wrote a journal which I now want to read.
I'm getting back to drawing and painting now!
 

No comments: