Sunday, November 20, 2011

Progress and Process in Painting (Amy Crehore)

 Blocking in some shapes.
Adding color to background.
Here, you can see my progress with the new painting. This is just the beginning. Some interesting things are happening as I go along. It's fun to document the steps. I have no idea how this will end up. I am "creating" as I go and enjoying the process. Each painting is really an experiment. I do not have a specific chronological order of doing things. The design elements are leading me around the painting. Around and around I go. Adding layers of paint. I'm loving the contrasting colors shown here. But, it will change a thousand times before I am done. I based this composition on a drawing that I made in pencil first. (See my previous posts here and here.)

No comments: