Thursday, July 03, 2008

Guitar and Ukulele Details in Amy Crehore's Newest Paintings

Ukulele detail from "French Bubble Gum Encore" by Amy Crehore
Guitar detail from "Black Ball Finale" by Amy Crehore
Here are a couple more details of my new paintings showing vintage musical instruments.
They were fun to paint! I will be blogging the whole enchilada soon. I think it's nice to pick some details out to show you first. They are like puzzle pieces. I usually have so much going on in my paintings. I scanned some 4x5 transparencies and it's hard to get an exact match of color here. This is pretty good. I'm still messing around in photoshop. I also finished two miniature paintings yesterday and took slides with the frames this morning. And I will blog those as well later on. I have two shows coming up in July - NYC and Las Vegas. I apologize for not blogging more lately, but I have been busy. :)
The Art of Amy Crehore

No comments: