Thursday, May 15, 2008

What's up with me?

Logo for Tickler Ukuleles by Amy Crehore
Since this is first and foremost a blog for my new art, I thought that I would update you on what I have been doing. Let's see, the #2 Tickler Ukulele is in it's final stages. Yippee! Light at the end of the tunnel. I know it has taken longer than expected and I apologize to anyone who has been waiting to see it.There are so many cool details on this ukulele. It is my first real attempt at industrial design. A new model, a new uke design. I believe that uke lovers will get a kick out of it. It's both traditional and all new.
Also, I have been working on finishing 3 brand new oil paintings for my NYC show in July. I'm rotating them as I paint. Layering and adding color. These are all based on my Little Pierrot series and I am excited about them. (I will be showing six paintings altogether at Ad Hoc Art this summer. Can't wait. There will be four other great women in this show with me. I will blog more about it as the time draws near.) I will show you bits and pieces soon!
And, I have been sending Tickler t-shirts all over the place it seems. Yesterday, I sent one to Scotland. Quite a few have gone to the UK now. I actually lived in Teddington, England for a brief period myself. I should pull out some photos from back then and blog them. So much to do, so little time.
Also, I have a print sale going on right now. Monkey Love Series 20% off through the end of May. Free shipping. I have 3 of the original paintings out at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs at the moment. (Click on "links" at their website to see the Tiki Anniversary Show)
The Art of Amy Crehore

No comments: