Sunday, April 13, 2008

Interviews with Artists


A couple of images from the "Beasts" book- Johnny Ryan(top) and Esther Pearl Watson

Johnny Ryan, Jaime Hernandez, Carol Lay, Esther Pearl Watson and Mark Todd are featured on the kcet website in video interviews about underground comics in Los Angeles. The last time I was in L.A., I met Johnny Ryan at the Felt Club/Maker Faire and I have been in art shows with Mark Todd and Esther Pearl Watson (the Blab! Show and the Green Show). Check out these interviews. They are very well-done. I dabbled in self-published comics myself in the early 80's. Anyway, here's the link to the interviews:
There is also an interview with Alex Gross on Juxtapoz, where you can see a photo of Alex with his wife standing in front of the Mandolin painting.
(Thanks to boingboing for the kcet link.)

No comments: