Friday, April 11, 2008

Creative Tips by Picasso

1. You have to believe to be able to do.
“He can who thinks he can, and he can’t who thinks he can’t. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.”
2. Push your limits.
“I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”
3. Don’t wait for inspiration or the right moment.
“Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.”
4. Act.
“Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.”
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
5. Ask the right questions.
“Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not.”
6. See the hidden beauty by not judging.
“If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.”
7. It’s not too late.
“Youth has no age.”

Paintalicious blogged these quotes/tips by Picasso about creativity and elaborated on them (follow link). I like them...especially the first and last. I also like the mandolins hanging on the wall of this 1956 photo of Picasso drawing in his studio.

No comments: