Thursday, May 11, 2006

Larger Works, Yes Sir!



After viewing blog photos of my artwork on display at the Applegate opening, someone emailed me that he would like to see me do larger works. So, I thought I would post just a few of the larger works that I have painted.

I plan to take snapshots of the interior of my studio as well (for the curious), because the larger paintings shown here are only the tip of the iceberg. My newer works, the monkeys and the pierrots, are more intimate, delicate works (like medieval Italian painting), but I have been doing larger works all along for many years.

All in all, the size of a painting does not matter. It's all about the layering of ideas and the layering of paint, the design elements and the imaginative details, and, most importantly, the injection of feeling into a painting that gives a work of art it's mesmerizing powers.

amycrehore.com

No comments: